Sunday, April 25, 2010

Turn on, tune in, drop out

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I was scouring the book shelves in one of my favorite out-of-the-way book stores the other day when I stumbled into the hallucinogenic drug section. I was skimming through a few books when I noticed one in particular. The cover was colorful and psychedelic with a crazed looking old man smiling at nothing in particular. I was of course very curious about this book and who this elated man was and when I recognized the man to be none other than Timothy Leary, the psychedelic drug advocate and cultural icon of the 1960s, I knew I just had to read it.

Leary On Drugs makes me think, a lot. I know how terribly cliche it is to be introspective and question existence after reading something about mind altering drugs, but this book really is changing my perception on a lot of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment